Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flushing Toilet Problem

We just changed the part in the toilet that causes the flushing. Now when the toilet is flushed, it fills too fast, causing the toilet to not flush properly. Help!! Is there a way to adjust this so that the toilet does not fill so fast? It seems that the rubber piece drops too early. I guess it is obvious that I do not know much about this because I'm rambling on and don't quite know how to communicate the problem correctly.[]

The rubber piece that drops early is called your flapper. If you have a float that's attached to the chain on your flapper then you can move the float down on the chain, towards your flapper. This will keep the flapper open longer. If you don't have a float then I'll suggest you buy a new flapper. The 502 model from fluidmaster cost less than $5.00 and can be replaced in about 5 minutes. It has an auto adjust dial on it. Turn the dial to postition 9 and it will stay open long enough for you to get a good flush. You can find them at Home Depot. Here's a link that shows what they look like.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =