Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shower faucet problems

I have moved into and old home and the shower faucets are coroded(sp?)with something and one side isn't even flush with the wall. I know I want to replace them, there is a hot and a cold knob and the center is the shower knob. I don't know what is causing this problem but when I turn the cold water on it starts pouring from the shower head before I even turn it on. Another problem is the longer the shower head runs the less water comes out. I have already replaced the shower head but it didn't help much. Is this happening due to all the corosion? Any ideas????

Does the water flow from the shower or faucet better from the cold than the hot side? Most probably. The hot side always corrodes much faster than the cold. Just redid a relatives house last week. The hot water pipes were almost solid. There was hardly a trickle at the shower. If your water lines are iron, then I'd bet that corrosion is what's messin' you up. CPVC. A wonderful invention. (Pex...even better!)We got some happy campers now! They too, had a leak problem like you're describing. Replace the packing on all three stems as well as new faucet seat washers. A cheap and simple fix.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =