Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sewer smell in house, new info

Thanks to those who have provided previous info. Here is more detail' single story house on a slab. three toilets running from back to front of house. the smell is in the front room which has an adjourning toilet. not often used. the smell happens only occasionally and usually clears after about two hours. no sign of line breakage . the only thought I have is traps drying out or perhaps vent pipe clogged up. anyone out there have any suggestions? Thanks, Mike

If you stay by that toilet and have some one else go around and flush the others .Does it have any bubbles in it like??? could it like vent out for the others. Have seen this happen

ED

My mistakes dont define me they inform me.
    My mistakes dont define me they inform me.

Comment

I suspect there is a leak in the piping somewhere under the cement slab flooring. May not be easily visable but more likely than dried out traps. If that where the case, I would suspect the water in the bowl to first have to be evaporated. Not likely since you have been flushing the toilets.

Professionals in leak detection under slabs may be needed or plumbers specializing in such. They use electronic instrutments to detect leaks in places where a visual inspection cannot easily be made.

Often worthy of the costs involoved and done by sewage piping repair plumbers or subcontracted out by them to find exact leakage location prior to jack hammering up the cement flooring.

Does the house have city sewage or septic tank?

Best to use the reply button, so this post continues here.
      I went back to the first question to reread the original question and all the replies offered. All are valid and may be all or part of the cause(s).

Check the roof vents too. May be renting an electric plumbers snake and running it down the roof vent pipes or any outside cleanout traps will help or fix the problem? May be worth a try or two.... Follow up with a garden hose using full water pressure and flow to help with the flushing out of the lines.

Lots of possible ways to do the work yourself or try them before calling a professional.

Helping You Too.
      Good Luck.
      ApplianceTech2
      Natural & Propane Gas Appliance Service Rep.
      Use Logic and Common Sense When All Else Fails
      Good Luck.
      ApplianceTech2
      Natural & Propane Gas Appliance Repair Consultation Service Rep.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =