Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toilet flushing

I have 3 toilets in a one story house. They all three started not to totally empty when flushed. I had the sewer line from the house to the septic tank cleaned out thinking that that was the problem. It was not. Sometimes they would flush ok other times not. The strange thing was I could pour 2 - 5 gal pails of water down one toilet within 20 seconds and it would go down with absoultly NO problem. Based on this the person who cleaned out the sewer line concluded the toilets were no good anymore. I find it hard to imagine that all three toilets became nonfunctional at the same time. Since this took place we had the septic tank emptied thinking this would help. It did not.
    HELP!

Check the flapper. Sometimes what happens is that the flapper becomes worn out and will not stay afloat long enough to dump all the water out of the tank. Another thing to check is the ports located just under the inside of the brim. They are set to an angle so as to get the water to "Spiral" Over time these ports can become clogged with calcium, lime, or sediment. When you flush see if the water is comming out from under the brim evenly, if not just take a pipe cleaner (Smoking pipe cleaner) and push it into each of the holes to clean them out. I'd bet it's just the flappers though. Another thing is the water level in the tank may not be high enough. It should be (On an older toilet) set to cut off when the water in the tank gets about 1/2 inch from the top of the overflow tube. If not adjust or replace the whole fill valve assembly.
    If you think a professional is expensive,
    Just see what till you see what an amature will cost you!!

Comment

I'm not a pro, but could it be a vent problem? For all three toilets to have the same problem at the same sure sounds like a system problem.

Comment

As a licensed plumber I would not think it to be a vent problem, ALTHOUGH it may be. Maybe the poster could enlighten me as to how the other drains are working. Are they going down slow or normal? When you run 2 five gallon buckets of water in the line, do you hear any "Gurgling" comming from the sink or tub? If yes, then may be a vent problem, if no, then no vent problem
        If you think a professional is expensive,
        Just see what till you see what an amature will cost you!!

Comment

Working...
        X