Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bathtub faucet seat

I have a bathtub faucet seat with a scar which causes each washer to leak. Can I use a valve seat grinding tool to resurface the seat (do they come in different sizes for sink faucets and bathroom faucets? Is this a good thing to try or should I simply replace the seat? Grateful for any help.

If you have an old style of faucet a seat grinding tool will work. Once you have the stem out look to see if there is a square hole or a hex shaped hole. If it's either, you can probably use an appropriate tool to back out the old seat and re-install a new one. E.G. a square piece of rod or a allen hex wrench. Use new stem washers when you re-assemble the faucet.

Comment

how to take stem out

i have a leaky faucet in my bathtub. Its just a single stem but i cant get the stem out to replace the rubbers and springs that are behind the stem. how do i get the darn thing out? I dont see a nut or anything holding it in?

Comment

would help to have a manufacturer or possibly a picture?

Comment

if yours is a single handle, on its front is a plastic escutcheion plate that pries out. behind it is a single screw that has to come out. this exposes the stem of the cartridge. next the packing nut unscrews from the valve bonnet. underneath this is the cartridge and packing. once the packing nut is out the whole cartridge [or ball] pulls out. the seats and springs are in recesses in the valve bottom. would a picture help?

Comment

Working...
          X
          =