Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, the Fluidmaster model 502 is the one you're talking about. I've installed it for a few clients and even in my own home, works great. Dialing it to pos #9 keeps it open long enough to get a great flush with the 1.6 gal tanks. And it's still under $5.00, can't beat it.

Comment

What ever you guys get paid, it AIN'T enough! You're good!

Comment

I just googled my toilet double flushes

and found this forum
        many thanks folks

My Landlady just had our toilet repaired and its doing the same thing

I will try out a new flapper
        and see if that fixes it.

Comment

I've had some of the plastic framed Fluidmaster flappers bind on the flush valve causing them to stick.

The Korky Adjustable works well but the float lowers the seating pressure which is a problem on some toilets.

My Preference is the Korky 16BP which has a plastic cone on the underside which can be rotated to adjust the volume of the flush.

Korky Brand Toilet Tank Repair Products

It has proven to be pretty reliable for the majority of 1.6 GPF toilets.

One hitch is that if it is allowed to badly deteriorate from exposure to chlorine and chloramines the plastic cone may drop out...
          I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
          Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
          Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
          Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

An Unconventional Method for Fixing a Double Flushing Toilet....a little long

This forum was the first link that Google displayed for info on how to fix a double flushing toilet, so I clicked on it. The various suggestions dealing with fixing a double flushing toilet all seemed to have merit as did several other repair suggestions given by other DYI folks on some other forums and 'how do you fix it' question sites. Like most problems there are multiple reasons for causing a problem just as there are multiple ways to fix the same problem. In my case the problem seemed to be caused by the new Korky 2001 red flapper I had purchased to replace the old flapper (that had a foam float attached to the chain) that was slowly leaking and needed replacing. The new Kroky stayed open too long which caused the double flushing. Another contributing factor was that as the water level fell and new fill water as introduced into the tank, the incoming water contributed to the flapper not closing quickly enough. First I tried lowering the setting on the Fluidmaster 400 to its lowest water level setting but that didn't help. Next I tried a suggestion by a professional plumber from another website that said to close down the angled water valve (the valve coming out of the wall that supplies the toilet). That seem to work to some extent but it caused the tank to fill much too slowly, plus it made much more noise, so that method was ruled out. Of course I could have bit the bullet and headed back to Lowes to purchase an adjustable flapper that would probably have fixed the problem but I'm too mule headed and too cheap (just ask my daughter) to give in that easily. After some contemplation I decided to try an unconventional but easy method to make the flapper close quickly enough to stop the double flushing but not too quickly so the toilet had a normal flush, (whatever that is?). I retrieved a few old fishing weights along with a fishing leader clip. I tried the 1/2 oz weight first and it turned out to be the right amount of weight needed to hasten the flapper to close faster which in turn solved the problem. I also used a piece of brass wire to help pinch off the tube that supplies tube that sends water to the holes under the rim. I felt that the Fluidmaster used too much water for that purpose. I've done the same thing for another toilet with a different brand of valve. If you’re in a pinch or you’re as cheap as me I hope this method works for you.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN6684.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	87125Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN6682.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	87126

Comment

Working...
            X