Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toilet Crack

Okay I am in my new apartment and I noticed the toilet ball was wably. So i tightened one side of the bowl down...and didn't go to tight for fear of cracking, then I went to the other side and gave one slight turn and it started to crack. There is a crack in it now and I was wondering if there were any kind of caulk or cement stuff I could put on it to strengthen it again. I don't really want to have to tell my landlord it is cracked.

There is nothing I can think of. It would really have to bond. Maybe someone else will know of something. I would at least go to one of the home improvement stores and ask.

T

Comment

quote:Originally posted by petro62

Okay I am in my new apartment and I noticed the toilet ball was wably. So i tightened one side of the bowl down...and didn't go to tight for fear of cracking, then I went to the other side and gave one slight turn and it started to crack. There is a crack in it now and I was wondering if there were any kind of caulk or cement stuff I could put on it to strengthen it again. I don't really want to have to tell my landlord it is cracked.
      I don't think they sell anything to repair cracked toilets,I would get it repaired/replaced before it causes more damage.

Comment

There really isn't anything you can use, However the Maintenance crew should have checked the bowel prior to move-in (I have to) just tell the landlord/manager it cracked when you sat down. Trust me a toilet swap out is cheaper than a water damaged sub-floor. Just don't mention your well meaning maintenance.
        Good Luck.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =