Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• poorly flushing toilet

The toilet in my apartment/condo does not have much "umffph" to it. It does the basic flushing. I assume the toilet is 15 years old or so. Is there any way to check and see if it's a plumbing issue versus toilet issue ? I live in a condo complex that is basically apt version - one apt above another. Would it make sense to ask my neighbors, upstairs to see if they have the same problem ? thanks.

quote:Originally posted by Gretchen Strobel

The toilet in my apartment/condo does not have much "umffph" to it. It does the basic flushing. I assume the toilet is 15 years old or so. Is there any way to check and see if it's a plumbing issue versus toilet issue ? I live in a condo complex that is basically apt version - one apt above another. Would it make sense to ask my neighbors, upstairs to see if they have the same problem ? thanks.
    Yes,I'd ask a few neighbors,before I spent any money upgrading.Just a guess but If it has flushed that way since you been there,I'd say its water pressure,If it has just gotten slow recently,it could be the valve inside the toilet resovoir/tank.They are simple to change and the maintenence people in your unit,should have it changed out in 30 minutes.If thats the problem.My hunch is its water pressure.

Comment

My guess is water pressure too. When I lived in an apt in school on the third floor, my toilets would flush much stronger than any on the first or second floor. Let us know what you find out!

Comment

Working...
      X
      =