Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clank Noise

Hello helpful plumbling friends:

For 3 weeks now my sink garbage disposal is running fine, but is making a clanking noise, as if something metal is in there.

I fished around inside the drain with a spatula and found nothing. Tonight I got brave enough to lift up the rubber flaps at the bottom of the drain and looked carefully inside. I didn't see anything loose in there.

I have no idea what to do next. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Signed,
    Sinkless in San Diego

Lightbearer

Welcome to the Home Repair Forums

Sounds to me like you have something in there that you cant see. You could always feel for it!

"I'm not sticking my hand down there!"

You could always remove the disposal from the sink and flip it upside down and shake it. Some Disposals have a moving blades that are attached by two screws offset from the middle bolt. ( I don't think the badger 5 does )

You can take a screw driver and insert it into the ring with four loops at the top of the unit and unscrew it a quarter turn, remove the two screws holding the pipe to the unit and it will fall right into your lap. You wouldn't even have to disconnect the power to do it.

Its up to you, But noise sounding like an object in my disposal would have me worried about creating more damage.

16x80

I once lost a spoon, Found it next time I turned on the disposal. Thought it was gonna fly off the sink, Got it out and it was a mangled mess.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =