Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• icemaker problem

Hi, I have a 1-2 year old kenmore refrigerator. About 1 week ago the icemake all of a sudden stopped making ice. I checked the back and the main line leading from our sink to the fridge has water in it, and the water dispenser on the fridge works, but there is no water in the line leading to the ice maker. Is there anything I can do without calling a repair man? Thanks.

TJ

tjbrumme

Yes there is. You have probably found the fill valve on the back already. One side is for the door and the other is for the ice maker You can take the power connector from the water in the door and hook it to the power connector tabs on the ice maker side and push the paddle on the door, If you get water in the ice maker your valve is fine and you need to concentrate on the ice maker. If you don't get water in the ice maker than you have a bad valve. You have to replace the valve there is no repair to it. If you have a bad ice maker depending on who built the box for Kenmore would give you an idea of what can be done. IMO if you have a bad ice maker call out a service company for an estimate of repair. If it reasonable and the company is reputable you can then make a decision on weather you want to have it repaired or not.

16x80

I'll bet you have a bad valve. Use the link on the right side of the main page for parts.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =