Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dishwasher and Disposal hook up

My wife and I bought a condo and when the dishwasher runs, it discharges into the sink. I took off the hose that runs to the disposal and i can feel a plug or stopper in the way...

Do I need to remove this, and how do I do it? I have a badger...

From the things that I have found on the web, I need to remove this, but I cant tell if I need to use a screwdiver or take the whole thing apart....

Your help is appreciated!! [^]

DOH!

I read a responce from 16X80... thanks man!

From and older post:
    Remove the drain line from the disposal unit and take a long blade screw driver and insert it in to the drain opening on the disposal. If it stops within a few inches he has not removed the drain plug from the disposal unit. You can then use a hammer and the same screw driver and knock the plug out. It will fall into the disposal which you will have to get it out of that too.

If the screw driver goes more than a few inches and you can see it thru the top opening then you will need to install a siphon break which you can purchase at your local hardware store.

Let me know, I belive you will find the plug.

16x80

Comment

Just ran the dishwasher.... and it works!! Woo-hoo!

Thank you for this site!!

Comment

Hi Talisker,

Don't feel bad, it's a mistake I made once

Comment

My garbage disposal just hums when I turn on the switch. I have looked for a reset button and cannot find one. Do all disposals have a reset button? If not, how do you suggest I get it to work? Water drains very slowly until there is about 1 inch sitting there.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by kim

My garbage disposal just hums when I turn on the switch. I have looked for a reset button and cannot find one. Do all disposals have a reset button? If not, how do you suggest I get it to work? Water drains very slowly until there is about 1 inch sitting there.
            They all have a reset button, usually on the bottom. But if you hear it humming, resetting is not the solution. It's either jammed or worse, fried. There is a small port right at the bottom center that you can stick an allen wrench into and turn back and forth. This will unjam the unit. If after that it still just hums, it's time for a new disposal.

Did you ever see OHM'S mother in LAW?...... SHOCKING!
            <i>Did you ever see OHM\'S mother in LAW?</i>...... <font color=\"red\">SHOCKING!</font id=\"red\">

Comment

Working...
            X
            =