Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lavatory faucet leaks (Delta single handle)

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lavatory faucet leaks (Delta single handle)

This faucet has been in use for about 25 years and has started to leak. I obtained a set of rings to replace the old one. However I have a problem. The top appears to come off providing access to the working parts. I attempted to remove the top section using a strap wrench since the part is round and has a section of the part with a roughend surface. I checked the srore and find that the valve is still being manufactured althoght the styling has been updated while the working parts appesr to be the same. Is it possible to dismantle this valve or do I have to buy a new one? It appears to be made to come apart but maybe it is possible to dismantle one that has been in service so long. The price of new valves is rather high and I would like very much to fix this one since it is in excellent condition except for the leaks. Thank you for your suggestions!

Leonsrd L. Wright

The handle is held onto the ball stub by an allen screw through the front bottom of the handle. Loosen this and the handle should slip off. Then remove the chromed fixture top with channel lock pliers wrapped with tape. Once this is off then you should see the top of the nylon insert with the delrin gasket. Pull up on the ball stub and the ball should come out. The seats are rubber and spring loaded - one per each hole. Replace the springs and seats. Replace the nylon and gasket then put everything back together in reverse. The ball may only go in one way there's a brass stud in the bottom part that fits a machined slot in the ball.

Comment

Click on the link below and it'll give you an expanded view to how to take apart most faucets, may help along with the picturs from Hazy.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =