Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss of water pressure

I just threw out and old refrigerator with an automatic ice maker. The supply line to the refrigerator ran off a kitchen sink cold water line, so I shut off the cold water supply before disconnecting the refrigerator. Afer turning the cold water back on however, I'm only getting a slow trickle in the sink. Is this due to loss of water pressure? Maybe debris trapped in the line? Any suggestions on how to correct?

If the cold AND hot water pressure at the faucet is affected equally, then you simply have rust scale that got into the aerator at the end of your faucet spout...which you can remove and clean. (Remember how all the pieces go.)

If it is JUST the cold water...or JUST the hot water...then you most likely have rust chunks that found their way to either the little orifice in the faucet or at where your shut off valve is under the sink.

IF it affects the cold AND hot and acts the same way even if you unscrew and leave off the aerator...then you could even have a rust particles jam-up at any point in the cold line that is BEFORE where the cold line goes into the water heater.

Let us know which is the problem so we can advise accordingly.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =