Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta kitchen faucet

I was trying to fix my moms kitchen faucet for Mothers Day today and came onto some road blocks.

My mother has a Delta kitchen faucet single handle for hot and cold water, with a spray nozzle on the side for dishes.

I will first state my problems then what I acomplished so far.

Problem #1) Spray nozzle has very low pressure
    Problem #2) Delta faucet leaks when she turns on water.

Originally the spray nozzle did not even work, no water came out. I purchased a new nozzle head from Home Depot and installed it. Some water comes out but very low pressure. I traced the hose of the sprayer and it goes into the faucet block somewhere. I also noticed that somehow they are controlled together. The faucet does not work if I try to operate the sprayer.I took the sprayer head back off and noticed I have to hold all pressure on the end of the hose for the faucet to work. It sounds like a valve is acuating when vary the out put of the sprayer. The sprayer also does not work if I don't have the faucet on. You guys probably understand how these are tied together. So anyway bottom line is I need more pressure out of this sprayer.

The next problem is her faucet leaks when she turns on water. Can I buy a seal kit for this or do I need to replace the entire unit?

Vegetable prayers will override the main faucet that's how they are supposed to work. As for the low pressure it sounds to me that there is a blockage in the line somewhere. Calciumbuild up play a large part in causing that.

You didn't describe where the faucet leaks from, but generally it is much easier and usually cheaper just to buy a who new unit. For most lower end faucets the price starts at around the $50 mark including the vegetable sprayer.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

I would have to go back and look at the actual leak but if I had to guess I'd say out of the ball of the single handle she turns.

Are you also saying that there are no seal kits on these things?

Comment

There are kits available but you will have to identify the model number of the faucet and then call Delta's 1-800 number. Many times special tools are required to open up the ceramic valves.
        That is why i said it may be cheaper and far easier all round to replace the faucet completely.
        Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
        Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =