Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new faucet goes KACHUNK!!!! diverter valve?

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new faucet goes KACHUNK!!!! diverter valve?

i just installed a new kitchen faucet, it's an american standard model#4454, bottom mounted unit with "escutcheon" and seperate side sprayer

i noticed something very odd about it though and am curious what you folks think

when the faucet is turned on, the water comes out ok but at some point while raising the handle (either slow or fast) it stutters and makes a KACHUNK type sound

it does the same thing when the water is already on and you turn on the sprayer

i called american standard and they said that the problem is most likely a faulty "diverter valve" (as i understand it this valve controls whether the water goes to the main faucet or to the sprayer)

they are going to send me a new diverter valve but also gave me the option of returning the faucet to where i got it and getting a new one

i decided to give the valve replacement job a try (don't have the valve yet and am not sure how much trouble it will be to replace that) rather than getting back under the sink and taking it all apart, driving to the store, getting a new one, installing it all over again, yada yada....but i'm wondering if anyone has experience with this problem

does the "diverter" valve sound like the problem?

should i even bother to try to replace the valve or just get a whole new faucet?

or is there anything else i should investigate?

thanks for any opinions
Working...
X
=