Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchen sprayer replacement - help

New guy here, li'l help?

Ever had to replace the sprayer next to your kitchen faucet?

There's this tiny steel "C" shaped thingie you're supposed to put into a groove on the spray hose before you put the new spray head on.

Trouble is, it's just about too small to go on there!
    I haven't been able to force it on yet. My fingers aren't made of steel, so they give way before I can generate enough force to push the little bastard into its groove. Tried bending the C open a little wider, but the steel's too strong, it won't budge.

I went back to Home Depot looking for tips, and the guy there said, "Yup. Bad design, isn't it?" (No option but to just force it on somehow.)

Anybody know what I'm talking about?
    Tips?

Sounds like your talking about a cir clip to me. I didn't think they used them on water attachments anymore, what brand is this and did it come in a set or did you purchase it separately ? They are made from spring steel so opening up the clip to make it larger will be difficult without the use of two sets of needle nose pliers.

Using needle nose pliers (a small set) while pushing the cir clip with your thumb (try a cheap steel thimble available at any sewing shop/material shop) using your other hand and the needle nose plies try to open one side of the clip while pushing it, this should be enough to get it over the point of no return.

NOTE: don't get any part of your skin caught under there, be a blister in the making if you do
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =