Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Pressure drop

My house had good water pressure throughout when you first turn on the faucet but then the pressure (and flow) drops from 90psi to about 30. Now, when you turn on the faucet, it starts good and drops even more (trickle) and if you leave on for a minute or longer it kicks back up to about 30psi. What could be causing this?

do you have a well? if so check the air bladder in the storage tank. if the bladder is ruptured there's no back pressure in the tank. with full pressure on the tank, press the "tire valve" on top and see if air pressure comes out. if water does, the bladder is shot.

Comment

No well. Water company came out and told me pressure is fine, "might be a problem with pressure release valve." Make sense to anyone?

Comment

Pressure release valve??? Never heard this one. Here in NYS in my locale we have line pressure of 120 psig. I got a pressure regulator that brings it down to about 60 psi. OK just for Ha ha-s, what size is your main line? 1" ? 3/4" ? Usually the main is 3/4" and is extended out a long ways from the meter. Off this comes the branches of 1/2" - some places use a loop in the hot water lines so you don't hafta wait for hot water, it's there on demand.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =