Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Culligan Man-CAN I DO THIS w/ my softener?

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Culligan Man-CAN I DO THIS w/ my softener?

I have a Culligan Estate II water softener that is not cycling on its own...

For those familiar with the Soft Minder feature (Cycles on water use - not time...), can I by-pass this feature and set it to cycle on a regular basis???

I checked the meter and it spun (And checked everything else out that I can think of), but it will not cycle by itself (A little tired of the hard H2O)

SO....................

Can I manually by-pass this and set it to cycle at a set time (To see if that even works)... Problem may be deeper than that, but want to see.

And if so - What mechanically do I need to do on the timer box to get it to do so.... (Or any ideas on why it's not cycling welcome too...)

Plumbing brains - Please chime in..

Any other forums or sights that I can post this with?

Just curious if anyone knows of any more pertinent sights or forums I could inquire with on my question to by-pass the Culligan Soft-Minder feature...

Thanks again everyone.

Comment

you probably don't have the Manual for this softener, but if you do, there should be way to set the "number of days between regenerations".
      This will enable the softener to regenerate regardless of the amount of water used.
      The # of days setting of course depends on the amount of hardness in your incoming water, but a good setting to start with would be approx 10-14 days.
      Ps
      Have you tried to obtain info from a Culligan dealer in your area/ They should be able to give you some "free" first hand advice as to their product.
      Last edited by Hube; 12-10-2006, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =