Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water heater boiling and squealing

I have a trailer in the country. We turn the electric water heater off because we might not be there for weeks/months. Now, when we arrive and turn it on, it may give a 'boiling' sound and squeal like crazy for the first day or two. I drained several gallons out of it and tried the pressure release. I don't recall if it was that or turning the water heat off overnight that stopped the noises.

After a full night of heating up, the hot water was only lukewarm and ran cold after just a few minutes. Letting it warm up a few hours more finally gave us hot water and everything seemed fine and the noise stopped.

My son went there this week and the same noise and cold water problem occured. The noise went away on the third day and he got lukewarm water, then hot, too.

The water heater is about 30 gallons and at least five years old and runs on well water that is fairly hard. What is going on and what should be done?

Sounds like to me your bottom heating element is burned out on the water heater. Just had the same thing happem to me about 1 month ago on my 80 gallon water heater.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =