X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water does not stop while filling toilet tank

Hello Folks,
    I have a question for you.
    After flushing the toilet, water filling in the tank does not seem to stop even after it reaches the maximum water level indicator.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Replace the fill valve.
    Fluidmaster makes an easy replacement valve.

'....Question: ".....can I get a rough estimate over the phone to rewire my house?" ...' Answer: "Somewhere between one thousand and twenty thousand".
    <i>Did you ever see OHM\'S mother in LAW?</i>...... <font color=\"red\">SHOCKING!</font id=\"red\">

Comment

Manoj,

Welcome to the forum.

It may be just a simple adjustment is required. The ball float in the tank is supposed to float on top of the water as the tank fills and when it reaches the proper height ,which is just below the overflow, it shuts the water off. If you have a problem here it allows the water to continue to run and go into the overflow tube. The ball float may be damaged or the arm bent or the set screw may just have to be turned a little.

There are a couple of different mechanisms for the tiolet, the ball float, float ( travels up and down on a shaft), and the pressure-activated ballcock.

Take the tank cover off and watch as you flush the tiolet to see what moves and you can probably figure out the switch adjustment. Also while you are looking in there make sure that something like a '2000 flushes' puck (if you use them) isn't too close to the flapper.

Good luck and please post back if you need more help or can give us an update, Jim

'Just a handyman trying to help'
      'Just a handyman trying to help'

Comment

Working...
      X
      =