Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t valve

New tempering valve. It's a Watts 70A - 3/4in.

The diagram they sent shows 2 other valves added to the system.
    Is all this neccessary? I was possibly wrongly under the impression from the info I'd read that it was 3 connections without the additional valves and line diversions. Thanks for the help.

Looking at the diagram - it seems that all the valves are there for is isolation if you had to service the valve. the bottom valve is INPUT cold supply. Left hand side is INPUT hot supply and the right hand valve is OUTPUT tempered water. The thing that says to appliances would be like a dishwasher. The tempered OUTPUT goes to all hot water supplies for personnel NOT appliances.

Comment

agreed on all accounts hazy , but in relation to it are the extra valves and/or
      the appliance specified pipe neccessary? I mean is there an issue you can think of where the tempered water would be an issue goin to an appliance?
      I have shutoffs in route from the main line, though agreeably I have not a check valve on the main line. That would probly be a good idea to add while I'm in it.

And the vacuum relief valve? what's it's use? and if I'm not putting in a specified pipe to the appliances
      do I need the T&P valve ?
      Last edited by tuffun; 04-01-2007, 12:03 PM.

Comment

The vacuum relief or back siphon valve is a requirement in certain cities and jurisdictions to prevent brackish water from entering the system by a back siphon action. That's like if you had a hose in a laundry tub full of soap suds and for some reason you lost your positive pressure in the system - you'd create a suction that would back feed the soap suds into the system main. Probably wouldn't hurt anybody but its just a safety precaution. As far as the extra valves, probably you wouldn't need them, but personally I put in valves all over the place, at least I can isolate or bypass areas of my own house without jeopardizing the rest of the house.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =