Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dripping in toilet tank

Hi, Forum!

We have a toilet in our guest bathroom that makes a dripping sound. When I look in the tank there is no obvious source. It sounds like there is water dripping into other water but I cannot see any signs like ripples, drips, etc. There is no water dripping into the bowl. There is no water coming out of the refill tube. The level in the toilet tank seems to be constant. There is no water on the bathroom floor. Where else could there be a dripping sound coming from? I guess I could just change the flush / refill parts (they do look a little grotty) but there is no guarantee that will fix my phantom drip.

Cheers, Max

shut off the fill valve, does the drip stop then???
    Is it beer thirty??

Comment

Originally posted by Java_Bob View Post
      shut off the fill valve, does the drip stop then???
      Do you mean just by turning the tap underneath the toilet tank? I can try that when I get home. There is no water coming out of the fill tube so I assumed that there was no water coming into the toilet tank at all.

Comment

yep the valve below the tank
        Is it beer thirty??

Comment

OK, turned off the tap below the tank and waited for a short while but the dripping sound continued.

Cheers, Max

Comment

Your flapper needs to be replaced and possibly the douglas flush valve........you can check this by putting a few drops of blue or red food coloring into your tank......... come back a few hours later after not using the toilet........if color appears in the bowl ...the flapper is shot

Comment

Thanks, I have some green colouring so I will try that!

Comment

Yip, the toilet bowl water is slowly turning green. Guess I need a new crapper flapper! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X
                =