Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erratic water temperature

I have an electric water heater that sometimes provides very hot water, other times, not so much. For example, this morning my girlfriend took a shower and said that the water was much hotter at the end of her shower than at the beginning. I have experienced this also, both in the shower as well as when I am washing dishes. Anyone have any ideas?

does your hot water heater feed into a tempering valve? or does it just feed off the hot water supply to the rest of the house? most of your hot water comes off the top of the tank. as water fills your tank, the lower element kicks in and starts to heat the lower portion of the tank. imagine the tank as layers of sand with different colors. the red at the top the blue at the bottom and a blue/green, green/red mix in between. as the water fills the bottom it forces the blue/green, green/red mix up towards the top. Once the red is exhausted the blue/green, red/green hits the upper part. the thermostat detects this and switches its terminals turning on the upper tank heater.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =