Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shower Faucet leak

HI. My shower leakes from either the shower head or the spout for the tub. I have a single handle fixture for hot and cold water with a lever to direct water to shower head or spout. When the water is shut off, one or the other leakes. It depend on which direction I left the lever. There doesn't seem to be any leaking from the handle area; only from either the showerhead or the tub's spout.I don't want to call my excellent plumber because he is also truly an excellent bill-writer.

the problem may lie in the diverter valve for the spout/showerhead. there are seats within that may need changing.

Comment

Probably Time For New Seals

I bet its the seal set at the handle. If its old and the seals are tired they will tend to drip in my experience. If you have to take them apart and they have some years on them you might as well change the seals just to avoid doing it later. The ones I removed from my delta last year looked perfect but did leak just enough to be irritating. If you can find out the model you can get seals at most hardware stores. Stuff like that is best to avoid the big box stores for obvious reasons. Of course if its starting to look like its corroding away you are probably best to change out the whole thing.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =