Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indoor Pipe Condensation

Hi
    I live in a Loft Building. I am on the last floor (4) and I have a pipe which takes the water from the roof coming through my room and going all the way down to the bottom of the building. The roof has been repaired and all the leaks as well but everytime it rains or snow the entire pipe get a large amount of condensation. I read about lots of different solutions to the problem like insulation blankets, etc However the pipe is partially resting on one of the walls so wrapping around it currently is impossible. I have build a wooden cover to go on top of it just for now so I avoid any of the books close by getting watter but I would like to figure out a solution like some sort of water resistant foam to spray inside the cover so it "wrapes around " the pipe or maybe some special foil? Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Thank you

use neoprene pipe insulation - it is a sleeve that you can split lengthwise and reseal with contact adhesive. places that it rests use spray foam insulation

Comment

Condensation

Thank you
      I did buy Theroseal to use for my wall as you suggested in a previous post

Comment

Purchase of neoprene pipe insulation

By the way do you know where I can buy neoprene pipe insulation?
        Preferably online, I live in New York City and buying anything here in a store could be hell

Comment

I've always done business with www [dot] mcmaster [dot] com. this is an industrial supply. go to page 3387 there about halfway down you'll see the insulation tubes.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =