Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Culligan Water Softener question

New home owner here...I've got a Culligan Mark 100 Soft-Minder Dual Tank Water Softener system in the house, but I can't figure out how to program it. Yes, I downloaded the available user's guide online and I follow the directions for programming the display on the softener, but when I'm done doing all the programming it reads " C5 " and doesn't do anything. I even tried pressing "REGEN" twice (as in the directions) to initiate an immediate renegration - still nothing. Any advice, or am should I just call Culligan?

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Teacherguy

I read in a different forum that C5 is actually CS which means call service. a guy says that a canister packing is not sealed properly. also the valves that culligan has are not diy servicable

Comment

CS "typically" means that you are better off purchasing/renting a new system. Basically the circuit board has gone bad and can no longer be replaced. If you can find a used one somewhere throw it in and give it a whirl. Other than that you can either upgrade the valve/board or get a new system.

Comment

The MK 100 has a problem with the shaft on seal pack bending and it locks up during regeneration. This can cause a CS code. It may be running to the drain or stuck in another cycle. There is a rebuild and retrofit kit to fix this issue. Your Culligan dealer can repair this.
        RJ

Comment

Working...
        X
        =