Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas line.....

Am moving the dryer from downstairs to upstairs. It runs on propane. What's the best way to finesse a line to it? The routing is not a problem. What material should I use? Hard black pipe? (Prefer not that!) Is there a flex tube similar to PEX to use for this? Continue with the 3/8 copper and use the regular gas line fittings?
    Not sure if I should've posted this here or in appliances....

Bob, soft copper tubing with flare fittings. 3/8 inch O.D.

Comment

Copper tubing.

3/8" o.d. with flare it is. Thanks, HayZee.

Comment

Soft copper...

By the way....I would prefer to route this copper from the basement through a wall to the upstairs, then between the joists for a run of about 7.5 feet, then up through the floor. The alternative is to run that 7.5 feet above the floor along the shoe molding. The joists are 8" and should allow a generous enough radius. However, feeding it through the routing holes would require a bit of effort. Hopefully this would not work-harden the copper to an extreme of making it unsafe to use. Any thoughts?

Comment

Gas line.

Also, which is proper, single or double flaring the ends? I do have a single flaring tool.

Comment

I used a single 45 degree flare here and where extreme bends are I used a bending tool. smooth bends are ok. behind the appliance I formed about an 18 inch double coil and then into the flare connection on my stove, so if I needed to move it, I'd have the slack.

Comment

Copper flare.

Thanks again, HayZee.

Comment

Working...
              X
              =