Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corner Shower Stall Install...

I have a really cheap corner shower stall that was put in around the 70sand came with the house. I want to replace it with my father and mother in laws one (they took it out and put in a tub instead). It was mounted but is only a few months old and is a Kohler neo-angle one with glass doors. It does have a bunch of constuction adhesive where it was glued to the walls but I imagine I can scrap that off. It is a $600 unit that I can get for $50.

I would like a full tutorial if possible. I have never done this before but am confident I can with a little help. I assume I am going to have to break apart my concrete and move the drain? The shower stall that is in there now has exposed water lines. This new one will need the water lines to be moved to another wall so it will be hidden. I have no acess to the back side of the wall where they will be. Will I have to pre-asseble and then put the plumbing in the wall and drywall over it?

I am pretty lost and don't even know what my drain looks like under the existing shower stall base.

I am not in a rush but as I have many other projects but would like some help. Thanks

[IMG][/IMG]

Can I use flexible copper to move the plumbing from one side the the other? Ceiling will be drywalled and cover the plumbing, as will be the wall behind the new shower stall. I don't know if it is to code to use flex in walls and/or for supply lines. My thought is it would be better because with less joints you have less potential for leaks.
    Last edited by DKAudio; 02-04-2008, 12:49 PM.

Comment

[quote=DKAudio;24262][IMG][/IMG]

As a plumber and looking at your drawing I would highly recomend an access panel from finished room to get to the plumbing.
      I say this not for installing the shower because a plumber could install the shower pre-plumbed then slide it into place but these shower valves will not last for ever and if done this way the whole shower stall will have to be taken out again.
      The drain is a typical rubber flange shower drain that after the trap is all installed EXACTLY where the drain is on shower and at proper height about 1/2 lower then the shower floor when in place, a greases rubber gasket is pushed into place with a screw driver.
      Gerry

Comment

Working...
      X
      =