Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noisy Hot water in Kitchen

HELP me out here. Ok, yes, I'm a chick but humor me.
    Lately when I turn on my hot water, after 2-3 minutes the water pressure drops and my pipes "stutter". What might this be?

water chatter...

Suspect this may be a bathroom sink issue. If so:
    Most likely it's a loose or worn faucet washer. Turn the water off to both, hot and cold from under the sink. Turn the faucets on to relieve any residual pressure. Using a crescent wrench, loosen and remove the ~second~ nut under the hot water faucet handle. The first one is a packing nut. On the end of the stem you'll find a rubber type washer with a center screw. Remove screw and old washer. Replace new washer and old screw. Insert valve back in and tighten the nut and that should solve the problem.

Comment

ok, water problems aren't selective to male or female. the whole valve heats up and expands when hot water is flowing through it. I have noticed that if I just crack my hot water in my bathroom sink, eventually the flow will stop due to expansion of the valve stem. I need to open it up more to have a steady stream of hot water. but like bob said check your stem washer. while you're in there check the seat for any worn areas. most seats are replaceable nowadays with a hex wrench.

Comment

If this is the kitchen sink and not the bathroom, does it make a difference?

Comment

what kind of faucet??? post pic, of faucet not you
          Is it beer thirty??

Comment

Working...
          X
          =