Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bath Tub Coating

My wife and I are interested in updating our bathroom. Our main bathroom has a cast iron tub, which is in mint condition, but it is a peach/pink color. Can anyone recommend a website/company to get information on putting a coating over it? I'm not interested in throwing a plastic "re-bath" tub over the existing tub. I'm just interested to see if a coating or coloring exists for a situation like ours. Thanks in advance for any tips and suggestions.

I know some people who had a re-bath installed over there existing bathtub. At first I thought the price was a little high, but the tub is a solid acrylic liner and it, and the installation are guaranteed for life

Comment

Tub coating

My son had a tub that needed attention. He applied the two-part epoxy kit. It required some sanding, judicious cleaning of the surface and a two day waiting period for it to cure, but it came out very nice. Looked like it was installed that way. This was probably five or so years ago and it still is shiny.

Comment

there was a segment on the home and garden TV about refinishing a cast iron bathtub but it required a lot of preparation [acid washes etc] the finish product was impressive. I feel if you search the internet, you'll find several reputable companies willing to undergo such a task.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =