Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator Hook up

I have a hot water heat system hooked up to a boiler. I just had my pipes replaced. When the plumber built the system he left a couple stubs on the feed/return so I could add another radiator in the basemenet. I have recently hooked it up opened the valves and the radiator does not heat. I have bled it so there is no air, but it still does not heat. I am wondering, does it matter if the water comes in the top or the bottom. The system has a pump so I didnt think it would matter, but maybe it does. I have the hot water entering the top. HELP!!!!

I think the heat should come in the bottom, but I don't really know if it matters. This link might help:
    Basic water central heating pipework and radiator systems - An explanation of the various pipework and radiator systems used in water central heating systems.

Which of the following best describes your situation? It might help someone to answer.

Comment

Thanks for responding. I experimented some more and shut down the flow to some of the other zones and the water started to flow beautifully. Im all set now. I will, however, watch the heat of the radiator. You may be right about the water input being at the bottom. It might have something to do with how efficient it runs. Thanks again for your response.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =