Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Softener Connection Problem

Hey there, I'm new here and I need some help with this thing. I recently bought a house that already had a home softener. I noticed that it was leaking at the neck of the tank. I took it apart and found there is a crack on the neck of the tank. Now, everywhere I look for a new tank, they're always threaded. I look up on how to install these things and they always say the control just screws on the tank. Well, that's not how mine is. It sets down in the tank and this big 2-piece plastic clamp (which broke when I tried to put it back together) hold the controller to the tank.
    I have the GE Autotrol 268/760. Here are some pics of it and you can see that there is an o-ring that seals it and no threads. How can I hook this up to a new tank if I buy one? Thanks.

As you see it won't connect to an industry standard tank. So you need to find the brand name of the softener to get a new tank but, my guess is that you may find it may cost the better part of a whole new industry standard softener bought online.

Comment

Yeah, I tried to find a brand on the tank but all that is on there is AuqaPur and I can't find anything on them. But I've seen this same autotrol model number with install instructions and it says to screw it on the tank. Why doesn't mine have threads? I don't get it.

Comment

Try typing it in Google this way: AquaPur, there are many hits.

Comment

Yeah, I have before but their site only talks about the small water filter stuff and the cartridges. Can't find anything about big home softeners like I have. I sent them an email, so we'lll see what I find out.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =