Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dishwasher - "No high loop required"???

Let me preface this by saying I know nothing about dishwashers and plumbing.

I am buying a new place and during home inspection, the home inspector stated that a high loop should be put in under the sink with the dishwasher hose to prevent backflow into the diswasher.

The seller has refused to make such a fix because she stated that this new dishwasher is already built to prevent backflow, i.e., no high loop or air gap needs to be additionally installed.

Now, I can't say with certainty what model dishwasher this is...that was the least of my concerns when walking through the place. It's a brand new stainless steel Frigidaire model.

Just curious if anyone's heard anything about this. Am I ok without a high loop?

Most new dishwashers do not need to have a 'high loop" in their discharge line, (nor do I think they ever did). Some states like California do require by code an air gap in the discharge line, but if it didn't have it it wouldn't stop me buying a property I liked.
    Back flow generally is a problem if you consistently fill your sink with water and drain it, the volume of water going out will allow some to flow back down the dishwasher line, this water cannot go past the dishwasher pump so it really is no biggie.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =