Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slab leak

A flowerbed backs up to my living room wall which is adjacent to entryway. Sprinkler went off and entryway was flooded. The water came through the wall moulding. My son thinks my slab might be the problem.
    What method is used to detect a slab leak? Does anyone have a suggestion what might be the problem. Any input will be appreciated.

How did he jump to the conclusion that this is a slab leak, when the likely source is obvious?

Comment

I don't know. But he met with a plumber and the plumber told hiim that
      the water supply should be 15 minutes instead of 20 minutes. They made the adjustment but it again flooded yesterday morning. I understand from
      another website that if it only happens when the sprindler runs, it can't be a slab leak since the the sprinkler irrigation is not under the slab. Do you
      agree? I called the plumber to come back and reevaluate this week. I
      can't afford another $137.00 charge.
      I appreciate your reply. Do you have any suggestions?

Comment

I'm a little confused, the water penetration ONLY happens when the sprinkler runs, you mention that the entry way was flooded (by the sprinklers) then it entered the home. The answer is more than obvious, the sprinkler is the culprit.
        Before you possibly waste $130 on another plumber, how long has this been going on, does it truly only happen when the sprinkler runs or is it also a problem when it rains ? Is this the only area it happens at ?....Is the outside ground level lower than the slab/exterior wall surface ? Sometimes the outside ground level over time gets built up and doesn't allow water to move away from the house as it should.
        Slab leaks are fairly rare and when they do happen they happen 24 hours a day 7 days a week until fixed. If the slab has a small crack in it's edge and the sprinkler water is entering through a crack, then again the solution would be to check the grade of the landscape and make sure it is away from the house (as it should be everywhere). A simple solution would also be to remove the problematic sprinkler, or change the time it runs to a much smaller time frame.
        Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
        Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =