Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odor in bathroom

Help! We have a strong urine smell in our powder room that is worse when it is cold outside (below 40 degrees). We've had a plumber come out and 1st he told us that we needed caulking around the base of the toilet. That didn't help, so he came back and said that when the toilet overflows the dirty water gets in a little compartment on the toilet and sits there. We bought this house 6 months ago and the toilet has never overflowed since we've lived here. I think the plumber is blowing us off because he works for the Home Shield Warranty co. we have and they do not want to fix the problem. I've read about sewer gases, but I'm not sure if this is the root of the problem. How can I find the source?

quote:Originally posted by Clueless

Help! We have a strong urine smell in our powder room that is worse when it is cold outside (below 40 degrees). We've had a plumber come out and 1st he told us that we needed caulking around the base of the toilet. That didn't help, so he came back and said that when the toilet overflows the dirty water gets in a little compartment on the toilet and sits there. We bought this house 6 months ago and the toilet has never overflowed since we've lived here. I think the plumber is blowing us off because he works for the Home Shield Warranty co. we have and they do not want to fix the problem. I've read about sewer gases, but I'm not sure if this is the root of the problem. How can I find the source?
    try this and see if it helps.put some strait bleach in a spray bottle and spray it in between where the holding tank and bowl meet. some times us guy's don't aim so good [}].
    if that dont work.hire a different plumber for a second opinion.TAZ

nuthing like being woken up at 12:AM to unstop some one elses toilet.
    nuthing like being woken up at 12:AM to unstop some one elses toilet.

Comment

Hi,

Does the toilet rock - it is easy to move around? It sounds like it could be that the wax seal needs to be replaced. I would think getting a second opinion from another plumber is a good idea.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =