Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toxic mold

My homeowners want to do the cleanup, but they don't want to lift the tub and see if it spread (they say unneccessary). What do you think about that? Plus, if they did that, and it grew back w/in a year or two....would they be libel for that? I have a 2nd opinion from a mold co. and he says we should take out the tub. Now I know the insurance will low-ball, and the mold co. will high-ball. Isn't that nice. I think a 3rd estimate rule applies so I will get another mold co. to give me an estimate too. They will cover the mold remediation, BUT, not the plumbing work...as apparently I have a leak in the drain-line pea-trap under the tub!!!?????.. (meanwhile the mold continues to grow). UNDER the tub...(confusing huh) How much does that cost to fix? My plumber will not come out until the mold is destroyed. Under my tub cannot be reached through termite panel. I think he will do his stuff inbetween mold remediation and new sheet-rock placement. If the leak is under the tub, why doesn't my homeowner's insurance guy & 'his' mold man want to lift the tub?
    Can you see my delimma? Thanks for any advice.

well while their fighting over what to do about the mold. you can control it pretty simply.wash everything down with strait bleach. it will destroy all mold vissible and help prevent its re-accurence if used regularly.TAZ
    nuthing like being woken up at 12:AM to unstop some one elses toilet.

Comment

Actually bleach may not kill the mold - use an Ammonia/water mixture in a spray bottle. Thoroughly douse the mold and let it dry and then repeat that process at least two more times.

I would absolutely have them remove the tub... mold is not something to play with and you might discover that structural repairs are needed. For instance, the base that the tub sits on may be shot. Just keep in mind that you have to live with whatever the end result is.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =