Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moen cylindrical side spray diverter for model 87576

When I installed the Moen faucet (Model 87576), I did not install the side sprayer. In about 4 years of use, the faucet would barely put out any water. I called Moen and, after holding on the phone for about 40 minutes, a very nice gentleman diagnosed the problem right away. He said that the faucet was made for a side sprayer and if one was not installed, the diverter tends to plug up after use. Moen sent me a new diverter at no charge. The faucet works great again. I have been looking for a spray diverter for this faucet so I could have one in stock if the faucet plugs up again, but I cannot find one. Where can I find one of these.so I don't have to call Moen the next time the faucet plugs.

Lowes has the same model listed

Comment

Thanks for your response. Yes, lowes has the same model number. That's where I bought the faucet. But they do not carry the side spray diverter.

Comment

I looked into aubuchon hardware and the moen site plus nextag. could not find anything - the part number is 100255 by Moen

Comment

Thanks HayZee. The model number of the diverter should help in locating the diverter. I may have to go directly to Moen again.

Comment

Is it possible to remove and eliminate the diverter?
            I'd check into that or, popping the guts of it out if it is required to be in place. I'm not sure of the actual construction if this model but if you aren't using the diverter you probably don't need it in place. I'm just not sure if it is required for the spout to seal...
            I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
            Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
            Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
            Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

Thanks for your input, Redwood. That's a thought, but the gentleman from Moen implied that the cylindrical spray diverer was essential to the functioning of the faucet whether I had a side spray or not.

Comment

Bummer...

I'm curious if the inards were drilled out or some how removed the the hollow shell was reinstalled whether that would be a solution. In moens parts breakdowns it was hard to tell if it was required to seal the spout but by their answer it would be.

Next one of these I get my hands on I'll investigate the possibillities...
                I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
                Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
                Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
                Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

The fact that there is an o-ring to seal the cylinder is a clue that the cylindrical diverter is essential to the proper functioning of the faucet.

Please see link below.

Buy Moen Diverter For Chateau 2 Handle Kitchen Faucets - 100255, Home & Garden, Kitchen, Accessories at InterStore.com

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  =