Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flo-Tec pressure tank....

This is about the last time dealing with Flo-Tec. The bladders just don't hold up. I'll contact the comapny again about this bladder, but I think it'll be the last time. To their credit, they did give me a warranty on a replacement I purchased. The first one went bad about 6 months after the warranty. So, here it is about six months after installing the new one and it's blown. Are there brands that are better?

have you tried GOULD? they manufacture pumps and storage tanks.

Comment

Pressure tank....

I have not tried them, Hayee, but if there's no resolution tomorrow from FloTec on this, then that's where I'll be headed. Thanks for the help....

Comment

I am not a fan of Flo-Tec products. The low price and where they are sold reflects their quality.
        These would be my choice...
        Well-X-Trol

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
        Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
        Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
        Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

Pressure tank...

I thought Gould was pricey 'till I checked out Well-X-Troll. YIKES! They do look good, though!

Comment

IMHO they are the best.
            Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe

Comment

The best tank....

I believe ya, Redwood!! I wish my bank account could agree with both our opinions!

Comment

The probem is by the time you go through the death of several of those flotec tanke maybe fry a pump from short cycling it doe to the bad tanks...

At that point the best becomes cheap...
                Now I can Plumb!

Comment

Pressure tank update...

I called Flo-Tek and explained the dilemma. (Their tank bladders keep bursting...). The Flo-Tek help desk told me to take it back where I first purchased it and if there's a problem with replacement, the store should give him a call. He provided all necessary info for that. Well, I took it back to HD and walked out with a new one in less than ten minutes! And, more impressive than that, I checked the air valve in the store and it was pressurized! WOW!! Checked it at home and it waws at 50 psi! I feel comfy now that this may hold air for longer than a month!

Comment

Having the "CORRECT" amount of air pressure in a tank is the keyto performance and longevity.
                    The air pressure should be 1 or 2 psi below the pumps "cut-in" setting.
                    EX; cut-in 30
                    bladder pressure best at 28 -29
                    Check or adjust the air pressure ONLY when the tank is EMPTY (no water in it)

Comment

Tank pressure...

Exactly! Very important. And since the switch is almost exact at 40/60, I have the (empty) tank pressure at 38. This is the same as what I had with the first tank and it's second bladder. It just lost the air in a very short amount of time. The tech guy I last spoke with explained to me on how the barometric pressure was responsible for the pressure loss through the valve assembly. Right or wrong, I now have a new tank and it appears to not be as affected by the barometer as the last tank was...I'm thinking there's a better quality valve assembly on this one. Hence, the comment about it being under pressure even at the store. In any event, I will be closely monitoring this for the rest of the year for any evidence of premature loss of air pressure.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      =