Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• faucets repairs

Hi - any idea how much would it cost to professionally install pullout facet and hose? The request has been listed here but it has not gotten any quotes (yet).

it's kinda easy to install a kitchen faucet of the type you speak. there's three already punched holes in the sink tub, its all a matter of shutting off the water supply, disconnecting the old stuff, unscrewing the under sink nuts and installing the new faucet. I changed out a kitchen faucet in just under seven minutes.

Comment

As for how much it would cost I couldn't tell you.
      There are a lot of variables in priing across the country and the prices vary widely.

It is loosely tied to the percapita income of where you live. I live in Connecticut where the per capita income in New Canaan of $82,049 says that I would charge much higher prices than a plumber in French Camp, Mississippi would where the per capita income is $5,047.

I assure you my operating overhead is a little bit higher than the Mississippi plumbers would be too.

There are also different pricing structures like Flat Rate and Time & Materials.

With Flat Rate the plumber has a set price for the job and quotes that price. Flat Rate combines all the possibilities of what can happen on the job and can save you money if the job turns out to be difficult but, can cot more if it goes easy. Essentially the price doen't change it is the same whether it takes 15 minutes of 4 hours. The plumber is hoping to kill the rate and make an incredible hourly rate.

Time & Materials is just what it says. The quicker it is done the less you pay. If the job proves to be very difficult and takes a long time it costs you extra. The price is open ended...

To get an idea of what it costs in your area I would obtain quotes from several local licensed plumbers.

While every plumber dreams of doing a kitchen sink faucet replacement in seven minutes like Hayzee did, I assure you that it is seldom the case and he already had his once in a lifetime happen. Usually we find stop valves that won't shut off and have to be replaced, corroded screws and nuts that have to be cut off, and ridgid copper supplies to the old faucet that must be changed over to braided stainless steel supply lines. Even if it was to be changed out in 7 minutes there is also usually a minimum trip charge of 1 hour that most T&M shops charge.

The only answer is obtain quotes and go with the plumber and price you feel comfortable with. I could give you what I would charge but if you live in French Camp, Mississippi I would be setting you up to be ripped off.

Make sure that the plumber you use is a licensed plumber.
      I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
      Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
      Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
      Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =