Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• constant banging from upstairs bathroom drain

I am hearing at an almost constant rate what sounds to me like water glugging in the sink in our second story bathroom. It is loud enough to wake me in the middle of the night. Nothing is running (no washing machine and no dishwasher). Is it something else running causing this or something backing up? Note: Water tank is in the attic above bathroom.

it may be the lower heating element turning on if you are connected with off-peak metering.
    some water heaters use this off-peak turn on. normally the upper element turns on when you run the hot water.

Comment

Are you talking about the water heater or a actual storge tank in the attic

Comment

Better get up there and check it out...
        For some reason I have visions of a pan draining water or a T&P activating on a water heater....
        I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
        Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
        Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
        Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

Just sounds like partial blockage to me have you tried the basic plunger to see if that does anything to the problem. Is the water draining as normal or slowly? i had a what sounds like the same sound you are hearing i just got the gd old plunger out and gave that a good go and was fine for a while but then that sound came back again i kept plunging for a couple of days and its been 2 weeks and its been fine if that doesn’t do the trick get some Mr. muscle

Comment

The one thing that using a plunger over and over again will do is break the seal between a toilet and the floor flange and then you think you ve fixed the problem, but the truth is its something else, usually a clog, or a vent line clogged

Comment

Working...
            X
            =