Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting to brass ferrule for closet bend

I am in the process of redoing a bathroom and would like to move the toilet over a couple of inches.. (I am making the bathroom a little larger..) I have a lead bend currently and have read many posts on what to do in order to convert to PVC. However most posts I have read talk about removing the brass ferrule the lead is connected to and use the donut connection etc.. I am wondering however if I clean the brass, can I use a coupler to go directly to the brass?

When you say coupler what are you refering to? I dont know of any coupler that you could use, but you may be able to use a fernco depening on the size of the brass and the amount that is sticking out of the bell on the cast iron pipe

Comment

I was thinking there may be a rubber fitting/coupler I could use.. The brass is leaded into the cast iron hub, and then the lead bend is leaded to that brass section. without measuring, i figure there to be about 4-5" sticking out.

Comment

whats the inside measurement or if you cant tell measure the outside and subtract the lead

Comment

The correct way is to remove the brass ferrule clean the inside of the hub out and use a Fernco "Donut" or simmilar product. There are different weights of cast iron used and the hubs are different sizes so you need to get the right size donut.
          Fernco Flexible Multi Ring Pipe Gasket, fernco, fernco pipe gasket, Sewer Pipe Flexible Gasket, Multi Ring Sewer Pipe Gasket | Fernco

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
          Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
          Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
          Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =