Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacuzzi Tub leave reddish/brown sediment after draining

Hi -

We have a seldom-used jacuzzi tub in our master bath. We've recently began using it again after about a year, but noticed that there is a rusty, reddish/brown sediment that appears the following day in the tub after it is drained. This has never happened before.

The house is only 12 years old. Is this due to inactivity, which will run its course after continued usage? Or is there a bigger problem? Frankly, it disgusts my wife, which means another year of non-usage if this doesn't get corrected!

My wife said she had seen rust marks/stains in the past coming from the jacuzzi air blow holes. Can rust form in there? If so, agian, is it just a matter of continued usage to clean it all out?

Thanks!

guess my first question is, "what are the air lines and water flow lines made of?" if its of pvc plastic then it shouldn't be rusty looking. if it is pvc, then look into the heater chamber and/or pump chamber. an old tub was made of galvanized piping. the jets were also galvanized. yours might have an air pump for air flow. its someplace to start.

Comment

Thanks. Sounds like a reasonable starting point. I will look into it as soon as I am able.

Thanks Again!

Comment

Working...
      X
      =