Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another flooded softener issue

Like the other current thread in here on a flooded Kenmore softener salt tank, I've found a simliar situation recently. My Kenmore is 4 years old (model 625.388280) and has been trouble free. I've let the salt get down to 1/3 or so a couple of times over the years, but never found any water sitting in there before. I found water level sitting up to the overflow drain when I filled it last week, though. The pan caught the overflow, so no harm done. The drain lines are seperate on mine.

I went through the screen/venturi cleaning process yesterday afternoon and nothing really looked very bad. Hoses all seem to flow just fine. When I plugged it back in, it automatically went through a regen. At the end, it sucked the water out to the bottom of the float. So I was hoping it was fixed. But I found the water back up today, just below the overflow. So no joy.

I've only ever run Morton's "system saver" pellets in it, FWIW.

Any suggestions on what to test/replace would be appreciated.

Thanks much

Then you probably have water going into the salt tank during Service.

Take the brine line off the control valve or in the salt tank and see. If so you probably need to rebuild the control valve. And next time there's too much water in the tank, don't add salt until you get rid of the excess water. lol

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I finally got to thinking about it being a slow leak into the softener since it filled up while we were gone for a few days over Thanksgiving. It should not have even regen'd during that time. So I opened my eyes a little more and found out the input side was leaking a bit into the tank. It has a quick disconnect deal going to the softener, that incorporates the bypass. One of the orings was just worn out, I guess. Just got back from the hardware store and all seems well now.

Thanks again, though!

Comment

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =