Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost most hot water pressure in tub - sink and other fixtures are fine!?

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost most hot water pressure in tub - sink and other fixtures are fine!?

Hi everyone . . . hoping someone might be able to help with a plumbing question.

Last night out upstairs shower/tub lost most of its hot water pressure suddenly. My wife took a shower and was fine, my daughter jumped in shortly after and suddenly the pressure was nearly gone for hot water. The fixture is a Delta, not sure what model. Picture below. It's one of those one-lever deals with a dial on the end that you turn to get hold and/or cold water.

Like I said, worked fine up until last night. Now, if you turn the knob to what should be the hot water side, there is about 1/4 to 1/3 the volume of water that usually comes out. The sink 3 feet away is fine--full hot water volume. All the other showers/faucets, etc in th house seem to be fine as well.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Is is possible this got clogged up all of a sudden? We have pretty hard water. Just weird that it happened so fast.

[IMG][/IMG]

replace the cartridge on the faucet. the old delta-s used a brass ball and spring loaded rubber seats. this newer type uses neoprene and silicone seats with a turn and rising stem.

Comment

Thank you . . . I will look into that then. Is there a place that shows diagrams of disassembling this kind of faucet?

Comment

In a DELTA site look for an ADDISON TEMP-ASSURE faucet. There are several with a chromed cap not black like yours, but searching the sites may provide one. Look into eBay while you are at it.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =