Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toilet Bubbles

Hi
    When my bathtub drains, air bubbles come up from the toilet. My first thought was blocked vents. I took the water hose up on the roof and ran water thru them and they drained ok and did not back up. Any ideas?

from the sound of it your bathtub is draining into a side inlet just below the toilet drain. the toilet has established its "trap" in the toilet syphon within the porcelain. entrapped air draining with the outflow from the tub is venting up into the toilet and the stack vent. I wouldn't worry about the bubbles unless you are smelling sewer gas.

Comment

Has this always happened or is it a recent development?

You may have a partial obstruction in the drain line.
      I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
      Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
      Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
      Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

I believe it started about 3 years ago. But since there is no smell from the bubbles, I didn't worry to much about it. Toilet does seem to clog more often than it should.

Comment

OK, take a trip to lowes or home depot and get a "CLOSET AUGER." This thing will circumnavigate the trap in the toilet and snag anything that's blocking the internal trap. wear gloves and don't splash too much.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =