Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking Water Filter

Our gas furnace has a humidifier which is fed from the hot water side of the water heater. Between the water heater and the humidifier, there is an inline filter. We're on the 4th or 5th filter now...this last one lasted only 3 months before leaking. Every time we have it replaced, the plumber(s) use a different brand. (Current one is a Campbell IC6.) What they all have in common is that they are intended for ice makers. Is there an inline filter that is intended for hot water? TIA!

---VikeMan

go to this site and choose water filters - cheapest I saw was 27 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
      go to this site and choose water filters - cheapest I saw was 27 bucks.
      I'm sorry... what site are you referring to? TIA.

---VikeMan

Comment

sorry I forgot to paste the page......
        Home drinking water filter housings & cartridges - Keystone

Comment

Water filtration of hot water has little benefit.
          Even dissolved minerals precipitate out of the water in the water heater.
          I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
          Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
          Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
          Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

Originally posted by VikeMan View Post
            Our gas furnace has a humidifier which is fed from the hot water side of the water heater. Between the water heater and the humidifier, there is an inline filter. We're on the 4th or 5th filter now...this last one lasted only 3 months before leaking. Every time we have it replaced, the plumber(s) use a different brand. (Current one is a Campbell IC6.) What they all have in common is that they are intended for ice makers. Is there an inline filter that is intended for hot water? TIA!
            That's because the plumber is not using a filter housing rated for hot water. And you are very lucking you haven't had a serious flood by now.

And as someone else said, you get no benefit in filtering hot water because the water will not have anything in it that can be filtered out of the water that will harm the humidifier; specifically water hardness.

I'd ask for a total refund of all you've spent due to the misapplication of this filter.

Comment

A kitchen water filter is only a good investment if it is effective. In order to determine effectiveness before you buy, you can view the company's product performance data or look at some of the online comparisons.

Comment

Working...
              X
              =