Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toliet Overflowed

Hello, my upstairs toilet recently overflowed onto the bathroom floor. It was going for maybe 3 minutes before I stopped it and not that much came out. I cleaned up the mess and went downstairs, where I saw some water was dripping from the ceiling. There was only a small puddle on the floor but the ceiling as several dark and most spots. I have a few questions about this...

Do I just have to wait for these to dry? Will the ceiling color return to normal? Is there any permanent damage done that I will have to hire someone to fix?

Thanks for your help.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the ceiling will not return to it's old color, worse still it will actually leave a ring of brownish color. I don't know how many times I've seen that.
    If you have fixed the overflow issue and it wasn't going on for an extended period of time then structurally your should be okay.
    Wait for the ceiling to completely dry (this might take a week or so) when that is done decide if you can live with the stain or need to address the issue.
    If you decide to paint it make sure you cover the entire stained area with an oil based sealer like Zinsser or Binns available at Lowe's and HD or any hardware store, again make sure it's oil based. After that has dried you can paint over the area with a paint that will match the existing ceiling.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =