Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whirlpool tub

Hi, I recently purchased an American Standard whirlpool tub that I am also going to use as a shower,it does not have a lip around the top to divert water back into the tub,does anybody have any ideas on how to make a seal around the tub so I can tile around the three sides?

almost thinking that you'll hafta glue with white or clear silicone, an L shaped pvc angle to the tub top.

Comment

Originally posted by Deanssurplus View Post
      Hi, I recently purchased an American Standard whirlpool tub that I am also going to use as a shower,it does not have a lip around the top to divert water back into the tub,does anybody have any ideas on how to make a seal around the tub so I can tile around the three sides?
      You can't do it.

This tub is not designed to be installed to fixed walls and then tiled.

This tub is meant to be installed as a drop-in type tub unit with clearances to any walls in the alcove.

Unless your alcove is large enough to provide those clearances from the wall, forget using this one and get a model that is designed for the use.

Otherwise you will have nothing but trouble with it.

Comment

Yep this will always be a leaking mess until one day when it gets torn out and redone right...
        I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
        Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
        Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
        Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

I found a solution!!

I came up with a solution if anyone is thinking of doing this: I went to the local steel supplier and bought a piece of 5/8" (solid) square aluminum bar and cut it to go around the perimeter of the tub,i then drilled holes every 6" then I installed a strip of silicone weatherstripping in between the tub and aluminum and bolted it down with 1/4" stainless bolts,i then ran a bead of silicone around the edge.now I will pack the wall out so the wall board will sit on top of the aluminum and I can tile down to the top of the tub. It might sound like alot of work but I got a great deal on the whirlpool tub and I did not have enough room for a separate shower...I will post pics of it when it is complete

Comment

Yes:

Post pictures so we can use you as the poster-boy for how to do it wrong!

Comment

Oh Ya pics please...
              I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
              Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
              Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
              Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

Working...
              X
              =