Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tub draining problem

Our tub is clogged somewhere and plunging doesnt help much. I get to tub empty and when the next shower is taken is backs up. I noticed when I run my bathroom sink the water backflushes into the tub. Any do it yourselfs solutions to fix this problem?

see if the overflow vent in both the sink and tub is not clogged with something. next would be the fitting BEFORE the waste line is connected into. the stack vent through the roof.

Comment

It is not a vent that is clogged causing the back up!
      The vent in most cases has nothing to do with drainage but instead its purpose it to protect the trap seal.

A drain that is unvented can actually drain quite nicely with the trao siphoning even at the end. A toilet is an example of an unvented drain.

You have a clog in the drain line and it is located at a point after the bathroom sink and bathtub drains tie together. This is not a point in most cases where a plunger will be able to exert any force on the clog. You need to have a plumber/drain cleaner come to your house and snake the line clear.
      I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
      Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
      Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
      Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

Hi

Thanks you redwood. I think i got my solution for the same problem.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =