Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple home plumbing done, water pressure now low with washing machine - how to fix?

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple home plumbing done, water pressure now low with washing machine - how to fix?

I call in the pros for just about any home repair, so that's the low level of competence one is dealing with, when I'm involved.

Earlier this week I had a plumber come to replace the 40-year-old outdoor hose fixtures in my house, and an easy fix to a leaking toilet.

Now, when the washing machine is filling, it wreaks havoc on the water pressure everywhere else in the house. The fill pressure for the washing machine is way lower/slower than it's ever been, and all water in the house is at a lower pressure. Doesn't matter if the machine is filling with warm or hot or cold water, pressure drops by 50% or more at the sinks, toilets fill more slowly, I'd assume bath and shower same thing.

We never had this problem before in our house. What might have happened to cause this? The valves to the individual hose hookups were turned off during the work, as was, briefly, the master water shutoff. Water pressure is completely normal in the house at all times - including showers when a toilet flushes - except when the washing machine is filling.

Sounds like he adjusted your pressure. If it is too high it can cause leaks and is an easy way to resolve instead of replacing or repairing hardware. He should come back out and do the job right.

i know this is a couple of weeks old, what did you do?

Comment

Working...
    X
    =